View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #22
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Tail light bezel retaining clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolde View Post
I have looked at the assembly manual diagram and it even says clips must be installed as shown. I can not figure out how they got those clips orientated?
Alex, we took those above posted pictures last night, before reading your above reply. Just went and had a look at our assembly manuals and both the 67/68 style and the 69-72 style (use same OE clip) manuals show the clips positioned in a way that is NOT at all even possible given their design and way they are built, the drawings show one tab of the clip going one way with the other tab of same clip facing another, not at all possible unless you bent each spring tab the opposite direction which would then cause the clip to want to turn out of the piece of trim? Wow, this ended up turning into a few hour project to try and better help figure out these OE tail light bezel mounting clips, in the end you did end up getting your NOS bezel mounting clips from us so glad to try and help. I need to try and get some work done now but this is how we would position the clips if we were doing the install, again am not telling you that it has to be done this way, just sharing what we would try. (fixed & added pics for future ref.) Thanks, Mel.
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote