View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:24 PM   #607
oem4me

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Factory Correct Restoration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronster66 View Post
I agree. The P head bolts really look like something the factory would use. Hoping someone can positively nail it down and hope they also know where these can be purchased. If boneyards are my only hope, I’m all but out of luck around here. I used to have a yard nearby that was LOADED with ‘60-‘66 trucks. When scrap metal prices went through the roof a few years back, it seemed they couldn’t haul stuff out of there fast enough. Nothing left today but an empty woods and a couple of school buses next to the abandoned office. Makes me sick to even drive by.
Pretty sure the "p" bolts are not the right ones. I personally have never owned an original truck that came from the factory with the sport bumper and filler panels, so I can't say with authority what the right bolt is. Jon (member 60-66) has that info. I bought some bumper fillers from him awhile back, installed them with hardware store bolts, and he spotted them. He then so appropriately pointed out that with a handle like OEM4ME, I kinda should get it right. Ha ha. Well, I definitely agree.
If I remember right, the correct fastener is a machine screw. Big rounded phillips head, 1/4-20 threads, and a nut and washer below. DO NOT quote me on this. Ask the master (aka 60-66) on here.

Last edited by oem4me; 04-02-2019 at 11:39 PM.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote