Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 03:16 PM   #57
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Got a little more done today. Got most of the frame wire wheeled. Still need to get into the tight spots with a straight wheel instead of the cup but arms were wore out lol.

Got driver side rear brake put all back together with new parts but somehow lost the little spring that goes on the brake adjuster arm. Never did find it so Ordered one from Napa but won't be here until Tuesday.

Took driveshaft out as well as the gas lines and took them to Napa as well. Having them install new Ujoints and carrier bearing and got new U straps for the rear joint. Since I am putting Stainless brake lines back on the truck I figure I might as well do the gas lines in stainless as well. The man I needed to talk to about doing that was not there today so they will contact me Monday with price for that. The guy today seemed to think it was a load more expensive so he wants me to ok cost before they do them.

Got 1st coat of Chassis saver paint on the front cross member as well as the front frame rails. Will let that dry overnight and put a 2nd coat on in the morning. Wanted to get all that while access was easier but will wait to paint the rest of the frame until later on. Hope to get cross member back in on Monday but we will see. Ordered quite a bit of new stuff that should be here next week as well. I would love to have it all back together next weekend and back on the ground.

Changing the rear gear and transmission oil to synthetic while I have it all drained. Also have to pop the speedo gear out of transmission to match up a new O ring. Hoping that will take care of that leak.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote