View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #1368
raull

Re: 1971 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I personally like using some sort of inner fender. It helps keep the road grime and trash out of the engine bay. Even if you rarely drive it, they will help keep the dust down to a minimum. So my vote would be to trim them and modify as necessary. Fiberglass isn't so difficult that I'd recommend tossing them. I'm sure you know this, but before you start trimming be sure to wear protection for your skin and lungs!

yes i agree, i think i can make them narrower, i dont care much for the open wheel look , thans again for your imput

But note that I've never worked with turbos, so I don't know how the heat they produce will effect the fiberglass, or if it will even be an issue. Good luck, and have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
This is going to be a completely super bad ass truck once you are done brother. I am even happier to see that you are letting everyone see that you have been back
At it and are motivated....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CST-V View Post
x2
thanks guys ,

i will no longer go with the factory manifolds , too much into it to use some old manifolds , in a week its going to a fabricator to get the entire set up custom build , manifolds , exhaust ,valves ,intercooler the whole works , i cant wait , got my radiator and fan today ,i m gona do some temporary install for the piping routing
Attached Images

71 c/10 step side 5.3 twin turbo

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485320

raul
raull is offline   Reply With Quote