View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
ya it is a classic

Re: santa came anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
Nice score. What's the deal with so many nice older trucks in Montana. I see lots of trucks on ebay from Montana with almost no rust. I would have figured with the brutal winters you guys get, they'd be pure rust. Don't they salt the roads there?
ya they salt the roads are pretty good. the humidity is pretty low though. most of the rust holes are from the salt.

well i got it home! it was about 8 miles with absolutely no brakes. we drug it home with my dads 86 power ram and he was cruzin. well it was pretty smooth we started out on the pavement and it was making a thump that shook the whole pickup. then we got going about 20 and it would go smooth then make a vibration then smooth again and that kept going until we his the gravel. the speedo worked and when we went over 22 the front left wheel made a very loud squealing sound and the speedo went from about 55 to 100+ i thought it was going to break off.
im just glad i didnt hit the back of the dodge. right before the driveway there is a big hill so we had to put the ram on the back to hold the chevy back but we finally made it.
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote