View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #15
palposity

Re: 86 k 20 project "cletus"

Well I did some more work tearing Cletus down yesterday. There was a heavy rain so I didn't got to the house to get my camera until today. I was hoping to get some "during" pictures while pulling the cab.

You can tell this truck has been sitting around for a while by the amount of scrap wood that has accumulated on the rear of the frame where the dump bed was.

I also found some SERIOUS patchwork that had been previously done to the floor of the cab. Nice big orange pieces of sheet metal were used as the patches and sealed in place with sheet metal screws and bondo. I prefer to do things a bit more permanently and will be using a nice fully rust free cab!

Oh--I forgot the best part!!! A dead mouse under the seat! Too bad I didn't have the camera with me. I just wanted to get the little bugger out of there ASAP! I've owned the truck for about a year and a half and I'm thinking he was there for a good while longer than that! (or so I hope)
Attached Images

Project #1 "Pops"--1980 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 3rd Generation in the same original owner family. GOAL: Restore to "almost" original.
View Project Pops HERE

Project #2 "Cletus"--1986 Chevy K20 4.10 Gear Ratio GOAL: Restore into a heavy duty work/plow rig
View Project Cletus HERE - SOLD

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
palposity is offline   Reply With Quote