Thread: 454 build help
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
Bwright2258

454 build help

I recently purchased a 454 for $100 so I took a chance on it, I'm getting help from my local machine shop but would like some opinions from some of the guys on here. My goal is to get over 600hp from the engine and then spray 200 with nitrous, since I've dropped it off at the machine shop they've gotten it ready for the rebuild and installed splayed mains and bored to .70 over.
I plan on going with a eagle cast 496 crank but that's where you guys come in as this is my first engine build, my machinist recommended Brodix heads but I'm open to others, I'd like to be able to drive this as a street truck with more low end rather than a high rpm drag truck but it will see the strip from time to time, as for the cam it can be roudy as it won't be my daily just so long as it will idle and make it back and forth to the car shows, I know this is fairly vague just looking for a good combo on heads and cam and Pistons that will work with the heads and my .70 over, thanks in advance and feel free to ask tons of questions, just wanting to learn
Bwright2258 is offline   Reply With Quote