Thread: whats this ?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #15
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: whats this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
No worries, probably wouldn't be worth it to ship stuff down here from BC anyway. I've seen some really rare/weird stuff in bulk buys.

For whatever it's worth, vintage BMX is seeing a huge explosion in popularity right now and - pit and freestyle bikes especially - are worth more than I've seen in my lifetime. Bikes I could've bought for $200 in 2010 I'd be lucky to score for less than $1k right now in mediocre shape (at best). Market is ripe for sale if you were actually willing to part (BMX isn't my thing, sadly).

On the flipside, I've watched vintage race and touring bikes take a nosedive in value these last 3-5 years, ever since rent-a-bikes and motorized scooter rentals picked up in major urban cities. Vintage racing/touring bikes have been my bread-and-butter the last decade-plus, where most of my slush fund was sourced. It's taking me weeks to sell at 20-30% less nowadays versus bikes selling within hours a few years ago.

I have noticed that. SOme of the Diamondbacks I have seen advertised for 3-8 grand which is crazy. Even my mongoose in rough condition is averaging 800-1100 bucks. Mine is in kinda rough shape but still very restorable. That will be for my grandson to decide but I probably wont give it to him until he is able to appreciate it for what it is.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote