View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #7
FirstOwner69

Re: Correct Heater House Routing - Vortec 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland68 View Post
Alright the plan is to put the temperature sending unit in the driver's side hole, the heater core inlet in the passenger side hole, the heater core return to the water pump, and the external bypass from the 3/8 NPT fitting at the front of the intake to the 3/4 NPT fitting on top of the water pump - this should provide adequate cooling until the thermostat opens, correct?

Thank you all for your replies
You've lost me somewhat on which holes you are referring to.

By "...the driver's side hole..." do you mean the one in the driver's side head between cylinders 1 and 3? (See circle in picture below) The consensus here is that it's the best location for the temperature sensor. If so, the sensor will need to be turned down from 1/2"NPT to 3/8" NPT. Forum member Brian Mac did mine. I've read that A1971Blazer also does it.

I'm not sure why you'd run the heater core return to the intake rather than the radiator nipple which appears to be correct for a '72. However, the hole on the passenger's side of the intake will certainly work.

Also, note that in the picture in post 2 that I needed a spacer under the water neck to clear the bypass fitting. Probably depends on your intake though.
Attached Images

FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote