View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #25
jkeady

Re: What urks you when selling these trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by palallin View Post
Sold a car to a dealer locally once, and got a letter from the St. Louis PD telling me they towed my abandoned car and I needed to pick it up (and pay the fees) or they were going to crush it.

I told them I had sold it, and they could crush it for all I cared. The dealership was long out of business at that point.
Almost the same story here except it was a very pushy letter from the tow company after the car had been towed when new owner got a DUI. Almost $2k in fees. Had to spend a whole afternoon contacting tow company, police agencies, DMV, and lawyer. Luckily, like Jason Banks, I reported it as sold immediately after selling and it was on file with DMV. Bundled up all that info, faxed it to tow company with a letter saying I had no interest in vehicle and would not be paying. Never heard back.

RELEVANT CONTENT: Things that irk me when selling a car / truck.

* The biggest one, as many have said: "What's the least you'll take for it?"

*Next is, "Will you trade for my non-running quad and some video games?" No. "No trades" means nothing to quite a few people.

*People who bring a buddy along and buddy spends the whole time making a running commentary on the rig. I don't care if they are there to legitimately advise the person on the purchase- go talk it over in the car or something.

The best car sale I ever made was a Subaru that a college-age woman bought and brought her mother along. She was well-informed, they drove it and went to lunch to talk it over, came back and made a fair offer (that was a bit below my asking), they drove away with a new car at a good price and I felt great about the sale.

'70 Custom Camper / 20
jkeady is offline   Reply With Quote