Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
dwoods

Inline Tube

Before I placed an order, I noticed that it was basically a split decision with Inline Tube- some had a bad experience – others did not. I contacted a couple other companies selling the same/similar stuff, but they did not carry stainless steel parking brake kits - so I decided to go with Inline tube-BIG MISTAKE!
I ordered a stainless brake line set, stainless parking brake set and a frame-rail clip set. Box arrived with wrong parking brake set. In reviewing the invoice, the sales Rep Chuck, made a mistake on the invoice – he wrote ½ ton for the parking brake set - ¾ ton for the brake lines.
After several calls, e-mails and forwarding pictures - I was asked to ship them back for exchange. I enclosed a letter in my return shipment outlining the problems and asked them to contact me & confirm receipt. Many days past with no return call or communication. After countless calls , I was told by Jake that they do not have them and he asked me to send my old parking brake set so they could make/match it.
Here is a brief outline of my ordering experience ;
• Brake lines did not come with the correct factory wrapping on the axel lines as promised.
• I had 2 out of pocket shipping costs to FedEx. In addition to the costs, I had to drive to another town twice to ship - no FedEx in my town- no reimbursements even though it was clearly their mistake.
• The clip set was one red double clip short, I asked several times for it to be included in the return shipment… they did send a clip, but it was not the right one. Clip set is a rip-off even if complete.
• Second parking brake set that arrived is not stainless steel – plain steel and not the quality I expected plus the set did not include anything but the cables – no hardware. I was promised that it came with new everything - guides, seals to backing plate, equalizer … set arrived with nothing but 3 plain steel cables…they probably do not even have stainless sets.
• Terrible customer service!
• From start to finish – this B.S. took a month in transition.
After countless calls ,and emails – I finally waved the white flag and will not waste any more of my time with them… If they were closer, I would be taking a road trip… but I would have to drive way too far and I’m not spending any more time or money or energy in their direction.
This was a $500 dollar mistake that I’m done trying to rectify and I’ve just chocked it up as a loss.
This was a huge mistake / the worst transaction I’ve ever had in 50 years! I have no idea how any business like this can still be operating.
dwoods is offline   Reply With Quote