Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
KMC3420

Re: Inline Tube

I used the right stuff detailing. You have to place the order online, which I did. The first set of rear axle lines I ordered were, per there website: '71 - '72 1/2 Ton, Short Box, 12 Bolt - Rear Axle Brake Lines, which I thought bingo those are it and pulled the trigger. Once i got them they were incorrect and they sent a catalog with the lines and I looked up what I ordered and the catalog states for leaf spring only beside the lines I ordered, but nowhere on the website does it say leaf spring only. I ordered a second set, correct this time, description per their website: '72 Chevy 1/2 Ton, Coil Spring, 2 Pcs. At the time I was having Stainless brake hoses for the front and the rear made, the rear was the one with the "T" splitter. I wanted to make sure the axle lines would thread into the splitter so I called the right stuff and they said that the fittings that go into the splitter are 3/8 and not 7/16, but upon getting the rear axle lines, guess what, 7/16 fittings, so I now have to order a new brake hose that runs from the frame to the axle. I completely understand your frustration. I guess that is why a lot of guys bend their own lines.