Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #14
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: Inline Tube

I sell in-line tube brake lines and have used them myself also. I have found that they can be hit or miss on their lines and cables. It is there standard responce if their lines are wrong for you to send pictures. A total waste of time. I have taken pictures of their lines next to originals, I have taken pictures of their lines installed in a truck and always it comes to, there is a problem with my original lines. The main line that runs to the rear end was 11" too short!! They told me that someone had to have changed it. Changed it and made it 11" longer so it would fit? Give me a break!! However if I send them their lines back and the lines from the truck that I am working on they would be more than happy to make new ones that match the old ones. My question at that point is why the heck do you want pictures then? Answer, So we can show their techs to determain if their lines are wrong.... Well the techs are never wrong (according to them). I have had the same experiences with their parking brake cabels. I always wind up sending originals even if I give them the dementions!! I remember arguing with them 6 months on a set of 68 GMC short bed brake lines. Sent pictures, time and time again. From every whitch way you can think of, with and without tape measure next to them... Didn't matter, still had to send them the original to duplicate!! There went 6 months of my life. My customer was just going to call it good and make an extention line to finnish the job. I told him that he could if he wanted, but I was fighting this to the bitter end and I was going to make sure he did not have to be out of pocket anything more. Long story short, he wasn't out of pocket, but I was... I wasn't going to charge my customer for their mistake, but in-line could care less.

Do I still use them, yes.... Only because I have had simeler problems with other companies and In-line has the largest selection of parts.
Do I like it HECK NO!!! WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote