Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #20
GMCPaul

Re: Inline Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRandy View Post
I am sorry I've gotten a bit side tracked from the original topic. My point here is: it is not necessary to put "shipping bends" in the brake lines, the customer pays for the shipping anyway. Vendors need to pay more attention to what the customer wants and less attention on how to squeeze every last penny of profit from each transaction. If you treat you customers right, with respect, they will continue to do business with you or like me, they will go out of their way to never do business with you again.

Real sorry for the rant.
We've had 2 customer in 14 years that was willing to pay for brake lines without shipping bends. The last set we did the lines went from MI to TX the Fed-Ex dimensional rate in 2010, and for the oversized III box shipping was $128.00 and had a Fed-Ex dimensional weight of 94lbs, we've checked the price for at least another couple dozen folks that didn't want the shipping bends in the long line and all the rest Declined paying that kind of price to get their lines. So honestly I believe we have been paying attention to want the customer wants.
We've found that when a part hits Oversized III dimensions the customers in most instances isn't willing to pay a additional $70.00 because the box is larger than 130 dimensional inches because $70.00 seems to be what Fed-Ex and UPS tacks on when the box is larger than 130 dimensional inches, then they tack on for money for weight, + more money for insurance, more money for residential then even more money for DAS residential if the address is not located in a major metropolitan area.
Now if Inline Tube refused to use shipping bends on the long line how many sets do you think they would sell?
Didn't take your comments as rants but more as a frustration that things didn't happen the way you had preferred. In the future if you ever do order lines anywhere else let them know your willing to pay extra for OS III or Truck Freight shipping of lines with no bends and you'll be accommodated I'm sure if your willing to pay the additional costs the carriers charge.
Myself I'll continue to take the extra 15 minutes to straighten the 2 gradual bends from the long lines to save $100.00 on shipping.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote