View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #128
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.D View Post
alot of times it can be from multiple parts from other vehicles. you don't have any body sag going on in any of the corners do you? are your bodymount bushings in good shape? this can all atribute to sloppy gaps. and of course tolorances weren't something to critical back then either
You are 100% right about tolerances on these old trucks were not critical that's for sure. At car shows I look at body gaps all the time and on these trucks they are horrible. Everything on this truck such as cab mounts and such are brand new. As you can see in the pic the fender lines up fine with the rocker panel and can actually rest on it. There was a gap between the lower door and lower fender that needed to be addressed. Yes it could be that body parts from multiple vehicles, but the mostly like problem was me.lol It could have been due to my door repair. That's why I made the statement to kim57 that I thought it was just me, I thought I was off on my door repair. The passenger side is much better and I repaired that door also. I'm a nut about measuring everything so I measure the doors in the exact same spot and they are the same, so out came the round stock. This is what mockup is for so thats why I'm taking so long BCToyChest.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 01-31-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote