View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #735
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

More on the defroster. The side vent grilles are out of an early 2000's Dodge Durango or Caliper dash, I don't which remember for sure.
Getting the wires routed without pinching them took a couple of hours as I had to grind groves in the fan housings and then use the old ladies hot glue gun to lock the wires in place. I included a switch to allow me to turn the dome lights on from the rear. I must have owned my S10 Blazer for at least 5 years before I discovered the switch at the rear for the dome light. I've been wanting one on the WMB from the start. I even started on one at one point but gave up when I decided to to a rear defroster.
I still have to create a grille for the air intake area in the top front and do a final coat of paint. I feel that giving it a month of testing would be prudent before finishing it off.
Driving around and having the fan on i can feel air moving past my head so I think it is going to work. Plus it isn't as loud as I was expecting it to be so that is a nice bonus. I actually think the first one was louder.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote