View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #750
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I had to order some wiper blades after was unable to source a set refills locally. Ended up with these OER /Trico refills.
I have say I am not real happy with them. The don't really fit the arms well. The ribs on the back don't clear the folded tabs that hold the blade preventing the blade from sliding back and forth as the blade moves across the glass. (Photo 2)
After some fiddling about I decided to remove the ribs that were hanging up and causing the blade to bow. (Photo 3. Red arrow shows where the hang up is. Blue line is the bowed area.)
I used a Dremel cutoff wheel to remove 2 ribs on each blade. (Photo 4).
Photo shows the blade sitting much better on the glass, however in actual use the blades won't wipe clean in both directions. Even with additional tweaking of the metal stiffeners the blades don't work well.
I believe the reason is compared to the old blades these do not allow the blades to float in the arm. Definitely going to have to mess with these a bunch more.
Oh and they whistle when going 40-45 mph!
Here in NW Oregon wipers are important!
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 02-13-2021 at 02:31 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote