View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: bought me a new toy

I have two led drop cords and a battery powered led light and dont like the output of either of them compared to the fluoresent. LED lighting still has a long way to go.I am by no means an expert on LED's but I do work with them on a daily basis in the sign business and I can tell ya they are not all they are cracked up to be. Some are light years better than others but in the end you will see a lot of people looking for a different light source. Just in my small area of knowledge, people are spending tens of thousands of dollars on new LED signs because they have been promised smaller energy bills, no heat and last for ever when in reality they do produce heat (hence the cooling fins on the back side of the modules) heat is leds worst enemy, lots of times because of the almost nil power consumption the power companies put them in a higher rate catogory so they don't see the savings they were promised and the mantra that they never need replacing is a falsity that is now coming back to bite some of the manufacturers in the keister. When modules fail and have to be replaced with a new one The new one is 20 times brighter making the rest of the unit look bad. Short of replacing all of the modules the only thing that can be done is put more electronic components on the board to regulate the power going to each board to make them appear the same briteness. For now I will stick with the flouresent since it stays uniform. The T-5 lamps are very compact ( about the same diameter as my pinky finger)and super brite. and whats a half of an amp among friends in power consumption anyway
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote