View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #123
BugzC10

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Redesigned from the ground up for the 67-72 truck specifically. Which include mitered corner for improved look, bulbous seal profile redesigned and a softer compound used for it's construction for easier door closure, slightly taller base so inside lip covers same area as originals did.
Where yours are pulling loose there must either be a bind, damaged door lip they attach to or damaged gripper on the seal in that area. Pull on it to remove that section and look at wide & straight the lip is that attaches in that area and check the rubber grips inside the seal lip for damage. If both appear good try wiping that section with Armor All or similar and see what happens. If it's improved then look to see if the door latch on door or striker area on door are deformed to find what's causing the bind in that area.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Thanks for your response. It's my drivers side that is affected mostly and I believe my door fit or lack of proper adjustment is causing the issue. When I adjust the door I will upgrade to your latest seal.