View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 05:40 PM   #252
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
Your project is looking good. I help at a body shop a couple days a week and mostly do block and color sanding on hot rod projects. I can tell you know one is standing in line to do block sanding.
Thanks, exactly. That's OK, it's my project, my responsibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbass View Post
Sanding requires a day of psyching myself up beforehand, especially for that nasty fiberglass.

I catch your sig line every time you post and then I ran across this LOL...
Something like that lol.

Not much to report, scuffed a door. Need to find out if the seam on the upper inside is supposed to be sanded smooth. Nothing in the manual. I bought the shifter ball I wanted and it has different threads than the shift lever, which isn't really a problem because I need a shorter one anyway. I might just machine this one and put the correct threads on it.

This basic style is the first one I really remember seeing as a kid. My dad had a 67 GTO with a 4 speed when I was in like 1st grade and had that regular white ball with the black etched in pattern. Perfect. Always wanted that and here it is.

Also got a couple samples of paint to try out. I'll share that once I spray something to test it on. Something round with a light and darker base or sealer under it so I can see if it matters. Lots of flake in them. Not like bass boat flake, small. Just a LOT in it.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote