View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 02:33 AM   #18
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikid61 View Post
BLIMEY! Small world. I stop at an Amish owned store & purchase food every now & then. And this trip to Oskaloosa I was there last fall several trips to purchase (3) 455 Buick, (1) 500 Cadillac & (1) 472 Cadillac engines. The 472 is likely going into said '81 Blaze. No build thread yet. But have made purchases of gas tank & sending unit, front brake overhaul kit. As a well as a PST front suspension kit. It was OG black w/a Highland interior. Amazing that your travels lead you here.
If you look at my road trip reports you will see that miles and geography does not stop me.

Been inside at Gas Monkey Garage for three hours visiting, managed to help for a day on a SEMA Truck (Boosted Bertha) and various other places I could only dream of.

This year I got invited to Kelderman Engineering in Oskaloosa, and also spent some time with my friend Ray and his wife Eve in Monroe, Iowa.

Looks like you have loads of good stuff stashed away though.

Over here everything is a battle and very costly to get.

Price you see, then add international shipping, taxes, and import duties on it all.

We pretty much work on double the price.

And to import a car over 40 years will cost an additional $3000.00 to get it on your driveway. Newer stuff is even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikid61 View Post
1970 El Dorado 500 motor in the foreground. The floor boards are SWISS CHEESE in all but the trans tunnel.
Looks like you have space......

If I had more space here...ll
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote