View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
dhpenner

1972 Chevy Short Box W/ 2001 LS1 Build Thread

I never really thought about starting a build thread on here, I spend most of my time trying to help you all out on the Photoshop pages haha. My project truck was left to me after my Uncle passed away. It was the topic of many conversations we sharred, going over every little detail of what we wanted to see in our dream truck. We never had a chance to work on it together, but roughly a year and a half after he passed (October 2008), I started in on Ol' Green.

Below is a list of things I've bought or done to the truck so far.

The project has been on hold since Aug. 2009 when my daughter was born, but as im gearing up to finish it, I thinks its a good time to start this

-2001 Corvette LS1 w/ 4L60E Trans
-Truck was stripped to bare frame
-Frame was shortened & Sand blasted
-Many parts were order while the chop was going on, including but not limited to...
CPP C-notch, CPP Extreme Cross Member, CPP Shock Relocator Kit, CPP Tranny Cross Member, CPP Perch Mounts, LS1 Stand Alone Wiring Harness, Fuel Cell W/ Built In Electric Fuel Pump & Sender Unit, Polyurethane Everything, Cross Drilled & Slotted rotors, Belltech Drop Spindles, All New Tierod Ends & Balljoints & New Calipers Painted Corvette Red

- The Frame Was Painted Gloss Black & Parts Were Installed
- I knocked all the rivets out of my frame & used grade 8 bolts in their place.
- Engine was mounted as far back as possible without touching the firewall in my attempt to have a balanced truck. I'm also going to mount the Battery in the rear and the Fuel Cell sits behind the Rear Diff.
Attached Images

Last edited by dhpenner; 10-10-2010 at 10:56 PM.
dhpenner is offline   Reply With Quote