View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #42
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Installed the Trango kit in the 4l80 over the weekend. Sloppy Mechanics did a walk through on it a couple of years ago so I followed their video on it. Ive never done any trans work before so I was a little hesitant but everything went good. Took a few hours including a lunch break.

Installed a new filter, decided to reuse the factory gasket as I told they are better than the cheap rubber gaskets. The new filter hit the pan and wouldn't clear. I found out there are early shallow and later deep pans and the filters don't interchange. So I picked up another filter at O'reily's. Still a tight fit but everthing bolted down fine.

Posted all the 4wd parts on FB Xmas morning and was getting blown up all day by people wanting to buy stuff. I ended up working out a deal with a local guy who took it all. I'm sure I sold it too cheap but I just wanted it gone and needed the space. He was a good dude and I'm glad it went to a good home.

I took that money and ordered a CompuShift controller for the 4l80e this morning. It was a bit more expensive than the others but it had the better/smaller display and had all the options I needed. I also ordered a aftermarket cross member and new mount for the transmission from Summit. I just need to clean the trans and paint it then its ready to go back on the engine.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote