View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 03:59 PM   #735
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Looking good on shop Jesse. Luckily I don't have to interact much with folks anymore if I don't want to. Only stupid thing about it so far is the infatuation folks have with TP.
What's frustrating for us is we usually don't keep a large stock of it. Not to get too personal, but I'm at work/away from home 11 hours per day (9 hrs/day, 1 hr required lunch, 30 min drive each way), I don't use the home office very often So needless to say, we're pretty much out. My inlaws buy in bulk at costco and are going to drop off some rolls until everyone is back in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Looks great! That is a mountain of work. Every time I start to think about building my own shop I look at your thread, get tired and have to take a nap. I used to be able to do that but too many years have gone by. That will be a great shop when you're done.
I wish I could take a nap and have someone finish it up for me! My last big hurdle is getting the other half of the roof done. Then I get to phone in the shingles, electric, and doors. That still leaves the two man doors, siding, soffits, insulation and interior finishes. Ugh, and the landscaping... that will be a minimum of a month of weekends.

Thinking of going with metal siding on the ceiling to speed up installation. It will cost a lot more, but I won't have to install sheetrock, mud it all twice (ceiling is 1500 sf), sand it all twice, and it won't need a coat of primer and 2 coats of paint. Also, with as big a span as I'm running, my ceiling is structurally safe, but with the open span, my sheetrock is a lot more likely to crack and look like crap.

It's going to look a lot different by the end of May.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 03-17-2020 at 10:24 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote