View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #599
rod1701

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Long Beds Part II

I took a break from the board after I sold mY 1970 Suburban names Rusty, in honor of his color and condition.

Been playing with a, uh, uhummm (Power Wagon) for a little while but came back to first love the 73-87 square bodies. This is my 4th one after a dropped black 78 shirt bed, 75 step side 454, and an 81 383 stroker. Just picked up this 79 long bed. Running, driving, smogged and registered 350 4-bbl. solid running truck. Amazingly no major cancer. A little in the doors and fender but nothing in the cab/floors. Unfortunately, god needs replaced from flexing and rust but should be easy to pick up. Problem is going to be the roof. Looks like someone algae climbed in it several times and someone did a pretty mediocre job changing color from blue to white.

Plans are to keep it simple clean up the interior, a home made faux patina paint job, put some rally’s back on it and drop it a couple of inches all the while doing some delayed maintenance, and getting dual tank switches working again.

Ideally keeping investment under $2K.

Most likely will look for help and advice from this group and post some progress pics.
Attached Images