View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:26 AM   #11
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Need advice on rust issues on a 68 Panel

The front cab floor can be replaced with a 2wd blazer front floor pan like I did in mine. There are some minor differences and one of them could affect your seat mounting. The original panel floor tapered off on the passenger side to allow easier access to the back floor which means you seat brackets for the utility buckets may or may not work without fabrication. Either way you will have to modify the mounting holes as they will not be the same. second difference it the rear attachment lip for the floor that mount it to the step up. On the original panel that lip was bent down under the truck, on the new floor it bends up. I left it in the up position and it works fine. As far as the step up cross member I am not sure if it is the same as the suburban 2nd row step up but I have an extra one here & i will pull it out to see if it is the same or could be modified easily to work.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote