View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #74
jimbosprint

Re: Converting factory AC to use R134a

Speaking of brackets,

I had to slightly modify my stock compressor brackets to fit on the Pro6ten compressor I got from Old Air Products. The holes on the back bottom bracket were too close together so I drilled them a little oversized. One hole on the front compressor bracket also needed adjustment.

Another thing worth noting is that the bolts included with the compressor are not the same size/thread as the factory bolts. All of them work, but I need to get a couple bolt/nuts/washers for the top adjustable bracket and ground wire that were not included.

The clip that secures the hose with muffler to the front of the compressor needed to be moved and bent to work with the hose set. The clip that secured the POA valve to the evaporator case is too big to secure the POA adapter, but Old Air assures me it is not necessary.

All fairly minor things, but it isn't quote as "bolt-on" as Old Air makes it sound when you talk to them. I also think they should sell the compressor in black so it looks more like stock (I painted mine).

Name:  20150707_170315.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  32.5 KB
jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote