View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #1274
watahyahknow

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvsapp View Post
i'm starting to get a handle on wiring. i'm trying to be more proficient with it starting with my corolla.

and that means more minx time!
the drawings with the wiring looks imposing but if you split them up in indicators lichts horn startermotor ignition and interiour lichting it gets a lot simpler , just do one thing at a time powersource to user and before you know it the car is wired up
one thing to consider is using a light powersource when powering up the first time , 12v high amp carbattery tends to melt wires when theres a short , sumtin like a small 6 volt battery and a smal 6 volt light in series (when theres 100% power flowing through the system the lightbulb will burn bright its normal some parts use a little power like the clock and the radio ) like ones you find in big handlights gives you a chance to measure and find the fault before smoke apears

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote