View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #97
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
With the steering box located using the included template, the stock draglink should not be touching the crossmember with the idler arm in it's original location. Do you have the pitman arm on all the way? And the pitman arm is something special from POL?
Thank you CaptainFab for your reply.
To be honest, i have not tightened it (Pitman) all the way. I think i know where you are going with the this. If it is all the tight, it will raise the bar height, getting it above the flat part of the crossmember and closer to the notched, angled back part. I will try that immediately today. i will owe you and Scotti a big apology if that is all it is. I also sent you a PM on your question.
The front end CCP lowering kit is from CPP, it is for drop spindle disc conversion for 1963 - 1970 C10. The full front end rebuild kit is for 1965-1966 Chevy C10.
Now my only issue may be the tie rods ends that go into the spindle may not be the right size, but they seem to fit good. Thoughts?

Thanks again to all of you for your help!!!
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote