View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #21
Yerboogieman

Re: 1971 Suburban 4x4 build "The Big Ugly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Yes he was, I was hoping he's been holding back on the updates. I hope all is well with him.
All is well, but I tell ya, 2020 has been hectic. Not just with the 'Rona, but rushing to finish projects, moving across the country, taking a few road trips. One of the road trips was to see my grandmother for the last time unfortunately, but she kept her sense of humor all the way until the end. I definitely got my humor and sarcasm from her. It has been quite the wild ride. I have some pictures to post of my most recent progress, moving my Suburban and Saturn in an enclosed hauler, building the Saturn itself, helping my friend build his Honda. If anything says "Car guy", it'll be this post.

Went to the Grand Canyon with some friends. He is also the one who transported my cars in record time.

Had to start throwing this engine together to get my 99 SC2 White Hot running. There's a build thread for it over at Sixthsphere.com if anyone is interested.

I cut too much from the firewall and had to make this nifty plate. I'm kinda glad I did this because the fusebox feels much sturdier than the stock one did.

Oh no, what will I do about a heater?

There was so much wiring going into this thing. I went with the most connections I could get from Painless. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming.

My dad and I planned on retrofitting a clutch fan, but I was on Amazon and ordered this fan shroud from Mishimoto. They're hooked up to turn on when the engine hits something like 190 degrees with a kit from Painless.

I wanted to use the column shifter really bad. My dad didn't. We compromised and I lost.

I ordered what I thought was a set of LED headlights and only got one. I also refurbished the turn signal buckets and got some white lenses. I was going to order a new egg crate grill, but just couldn't see dropping that much on a piece of plastic. Threw the old one back in the best I could along with the foglights to fill in the previous owners holes in the grill.

I was driving through the Nevada desert with my birds and nothing around for miles. No trees to pee on, nothing. I found this beef jerky store just outside of Rachel, NV, used the bathroom and bought some awesome jerky from the nicest gal.

Roadtripped back up to Washington from AZ to help my friend with his Honda. Plus I was homesick. Still a little homesick.

1971 Chevy Suburban 4x4 Build Thread

Last edited by Yerboogieman; 10-04-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Yerboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote