View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #23
docstheman

Re: Build Thread - 1971 4x4 Ochre Blazer

I ran into a bit of a problem and I apologize for not posting lately. I bought a 4 inch suspension lift and the back was easy as pie as you can see. The front however posed to be quite an ordeal. I bought the lift used and it supposedly came off a 1972 blazer, however the front springs definitely do not fit. I took the leaf stack that I bought apart and took the factory leaf springs off and have fabricated a single stack that I am experimenting with to create the lift that I am looking to add. I had to drill out the hole on the factory leaf spring to match that of the others. I got it all back together on the front passenger side last night but the bolts aren't tight yet. I just want to test the ride height and see how it looks. I might have to add additional springs or take some out. I will post pics as soon as I can though. Goal is to work on it tonight and come up with a suitable leaf configuration and then get everything tightened back and show you some pics tomorrow.

Click Here for my Blazer Build: 1971 Blazer 4x4

Click Here for my Work Truck Build: 1970 C10 LWB

Toys: 1970 C10, 1971 Blazer 4x4, 1976 Corvette Stingray L82, 2011 Cadillac CTS 6 speed, 2008 VTX 1800F
docstheman is offline   Reply With Quote