View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #25
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hi all - Project Ginger Has Begun

If you go with an aftermarket booster and master cylinder assembly, you will have to drill holes in your firewall to bolt it up with the supplied brackets. My booster brackets bolt to the firewall using existing holes. Then you can use either an aftermarket booster or one of the many, many compatible factory boosters. Which booster to choose will depend on how much vacuum your engine makes. If it is too low on vacuum, you might consider a hydroboost. For the master cylinder, the '77-'82 Corvette master is the most common one to use. Then you will need either a fixed disc/disc proportioning valve or an adjustable valve in the rear line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGER64 View Post
Thanks Captainfab for the response. I pulled the trigger on a quick ratio box from Redhead Gears. They have really nice boxes. I was going to get a plate form you but the PO gave me a bracket with the truck so I just made it work.

I do have another question for you! I am going with Wilwood disk brakes front and rear (Pro1 kit from ProPerformance) what is the best master cylinder/booster setup to use? Should I go with something from CPP or is there a better option with your bracket?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote