View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 PM   #71
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

Grille and chrome .... and aftermarket adventures.
The top bar, light bezels and eyebrows I got from that place in Kansas that shall remain nameless. Bought them a few years ago around the start of the project before I knew better. The grille is better aftermarket (not Kansas) so I have a bit more confidence in that but it is aftermarket as well at the end of the day.

So its all in place and as you can see the light bezels are still a bit off but slowly improving with twists and tweaks. Should be able to keep working them into acceptable range - fingers crossed. Passenger side is not bad but drivers side needs a bit more persuasion. The eyebrows ain't great at all but not ready to throw in the towel yet. A bit more patience and persuasion to go yet before I look into a plan B.

Questions .... any experience to add on working with aftermarket chrome especially the 71-72 GMC's? Would going to better quality aftermarket chrome especially eyebrows improve the situation or waste of time and $$? I've searched the threads on advice but other than "stay away from aftermarket" not much I can use to improve the situation. And those nasty mount clips in the back of the eyebrows .... is there a trick to getting them into place in the slots where they are supposed to slide a bit for adjustment? Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images