View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 12:31 PM   #10
Cannibal

Re: 67 C30 Motorhome Frame Lowering/Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Does your 67 frame have the same “indent” in the side for a power steering box, like your 72 frame has?
Turns out no, the 67 does not. Looks like some heat and a BFH might be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
For what you are proposing I would think finding a 71-72 frame as a base would be easier and less costly, money and time wise.
The 67 frame is completely flat in the back and heavier channel from behind the front clip back, maybe that's what makes it a P30; I don't know the technical differences. The 72 was also from a motorhome, but it's got the rear axle "hump" in the frame like a regular c30. This project is going to be a flat bed, so the 67 frame design is perfect, plus all the suspension parts will get removed and rebuilt, so it seems like the swap won't add too much time.

The problem I ran into when exploring a bit more was that my 72 suspension has the rotors and hubs all one piece. I'm going to need to find a set of dually front disc hubs that have the separate hub and rotor because I want to run the later P30 14.2" rotors. So not back to the drawing board per-se, but who knows. If hub donor is cheap enough, I might end up with a different chassis yet again. Learning as I go here.