Thread: Seat for a box
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
YoungBurb88

Re: Seat for a box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
I did a box for my buddies Bronco with 2 15" Orion XTR's. The box was on rails and fit behind the rear seat. If you flip the seat forward, you could slide the box forward to give you more "trunk" space. Worked out well. Just used some heavy drawer roller rails and floor mounted latches to lock it in place. Took all of a minute to unlock it, slide it, then lock it back down.

<edit> Or you could take it out all together if you needed to.
I like the idea, but my goal is to keep the speakers out of site as I regular park the Burb in an "iffy" area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
It would make for a very heavy seat and a semi-complicated design, but you could incorporate both the bottom of the seat and the back as the enclosure for additional volume...just a thought. However, with a speak with that rating, I'm guessing the overall depth is greater than average and fitting inside an enclosure that shallow may not be possible...
You hit the nail on the head... not possible. Darn. I had the seat out and one of the speakers out as well and took a few measurements.

Speaker: Full height 7 1/2" (top of cone-bottom of magnet) with a Diameter of 12 1/4"

Seat: Depth(including space under seat): Tallest point about 9" to a shortest point of barely 6"

Diagnosis - Darn....

So I guess it's time to explore other options now. If I had a car I would just leave them in the current box, hook em up and go on about my business.

Anyone have different ideas about how to hide a set of " Boss Audio RIP 220 DVC " subs in a Burb?

Tim Hawkins - Free Bird Parody
YoungBurb88 is offline   Reply With Quote