Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 11:02 PM   #100
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

After getting back home Tuesday night for Thanksgiving break, I remembered that I had bought an Igloo Little Kool Rest car cooler from Robbie (GAc10boy). Picked it up on Wednesday, but didn't take any pictures of it until today. I absolutely love it, and it works really well. Kept some Thanksgiving leftovers nice and cold on my trip down to Milledgeville today, is a really great cup holder, and even functions as a nice armrest.

My family and I had Thanksgiving dinner around lunch time on Thursday, so I was planning to start installing my new seat belts after the feast. That didn't happen though because the Thanksgiving nap lasted most of the afternoon and I didn't feel like going outside to work on it

Woke up Friday morning and spent some time greasing the control arm bushings which I had neglected to do for far too long. Also checked the rest of the fluids and filled where needed. After lunch I started on the new seat belts.

Since I had no idea what I was doing, I started on the passenger side so that I wouldn't have to deal with the gas tank at first. I was able to reach up inside the B pillar with the anchor plate taped to a wrench. It was easy to get the passenger side bolted up, so I started on the driver's side. Got the hole drilled, but it started to sprinkle and get dark. The gas tank stumped me because I could not get my hand up the B pillar at all due to the filler neck being in the way. Threw in the towel for the night and cleaned up.

All day Saturday was spent with my family watching the Dawgs beat up on some ugly Yellow Jackets

After church this morning, I knew that I had to figure out how to get the seat belt on without moving the gas tank. Needed to drive the truck down to Milledgeville so I can go to the meet on the 8th. After trying to double up with a second wrench taped on, it still was not long enough to reach. I then tried the big screw driver, but did not have the right angle at first. Once I had the right angle, I was able to get it bolted up. It was definitely a project for 2 people, so I was very thankful that I had my dad to help me out.

I got the belts from SeatbeltPlanet.com. They are super nice, and worked great. I will buy from them again if I ever need to put seat belts in another truck. I went off the measurements that I found on the FAQ here, so huge thanks for everyone one here.

I am slightly sad that I had to remove the 68 Cadillac lap belts, but adding the shoulder belt makes me feel much safer, and it is much easier to adjust the belts now. The Cadillac belts were very hard to adjust since they were original GM stuff

That's all for now
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 11-25-2018 at 11:10 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote