View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #480
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

When I have the time I have been plugging away at making some Burban bolts. As everyone knows, (OK not everybody, only the folks who have needed them know) the row of bolts that secure the back edge of the plywood floor are not available, so when Richard 2717 said he bought a hundred of the closest bolt he could find I offered to buy some from him for the WMB. My plan was to turn them down on my lathe, so I needed enough to extra bolts to have some to screw up while I was learning if it was even possible to remachine them into a bolt that would work. Richard2717 being the nice guy he is sent me the whole box and said just to send him a couple sets back. I'm not wanting to bore everyone so I won't go into the details of trying to set up a production line.
But basically it is a two step process to for me to turn them down from the bolt on the left to match the factory bolt on the right. (Photo 1) The steel used in these bolts isn't the greatest quality so that has slowed the process down some. So Richard2717 if your watching I'm making progress.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote