View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 09:26 PM   #5
Ironhorse

Re: Home gas furnace .. I do not want no more

GOPAPA, living in Idaho what do you use for heat during the winter if you do away with the gas furnace? Seen no mention of electric baseboarda or similar? How old is your gas furnace? We had a new gas furnace and electric 4 ton central unit installed about 6-7 Years ago. High efficiency furnace also with the flue stack exiting thru the roof and is PVC or similar plastic, warm to the touch but not hot at all. VERY pleased and during our Kansas winters our gas bill is $100 or a bit less each month. Also I run a wood burning fireplace which is very efficient. Glass doors, two speed blower unit and uses outside air to feed the firebox. Plumbed ducting under the floor in to our central air ducts. When running it I usually knock down the furnace t-stat setting a few degrees to keep the furnace from coming on. Pour up a Crown Royal and enjoy being retired while adding a log to the fire.

I don't see a time within the foreseeable future that our nation's electric grid will be able to supply the needed electric power that will be required during the winter for heat alone. Much as a few factions don't like the idea, natural gas is still our best alternative for such.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote