View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
jocko

Re: plaid highlander trim - question

Hey, here's one for you Highlander fans...

Here's a pic of s SPID of a 72 Highlander C20. It is a very nice truck, it's been off and on ebay recently. However... note how the SPID calls out the trim combo - it specifically doesn't mention a plaid seat, but it does mention "custom trim combination" -

So, on a Highlander (as denoted by the SPID Special Promo code) does "custom trim combination" mean:
a) it came with something OTHER than a plaid seat (which is what the Special Promo would have included)
- or - does it mean:
b) that it's calling the plaid seat a "custom trim combination" rather than "plaid seat yada yada" like it would normally do on a Highlander?

The truck currently has a parchment houndstooth seat cover in it. No idea what came in it originally, that's why I'm curious. I guess if the case is a), then this could be correct. If it's b), then it's incorrect.

Still looks great either way, and I realize we're nit-noiding this subj to death, but I find it pretty interesting. It's kinda like automotive archaeology...

Here's a link to the truck also - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item2ebee4be42
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote