Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

I got a little more accomplished over the past week, but it was in between family being in town for my daughters big "Pre-China Tour" orchestra performance.

More parts keep arriving daily, so it's hard to keep focussed on what needs to get done. But I was able to get the front pretty much squared away to my liking. I never planned to lay frame, just wanted to get closer to the earth. So I'm happy with the front, and I'm about to get everything bolted into place. I decided against the lower mounting "plates" and made some cups to fill the lower spring pocket. Unfortunately I didn't take photo prior to mock-up, but I'll post some when I take everything back apart.

Oh yeah. My wheels showed-up. Keeping this beast 8 Lug has allowed me to take this in a whole new territory, venturing into the off-road world.....

Fronts are 20x8.5 and rears are 22x9.5

I was also able to get the new radiator and flex-a-lite fans installed. I had to narrow the radiator mounts, but it went in like a charm...

Slowly but surely, one piece at a time, and it'll get there

'68 C20 Suburban, Bagged with Suicide 3rd Door, and Loaded with a 396 - Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403690
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote