View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #99
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Thanks Rob for adding your experience to my decision. I'll be saving up for a complete kit since I've been worried about alignment of all the pulleys since I started looking. Your input, along with Steve's, has made me even more certain that a whole kit is the way to go.

Funds are low now, and I will be making a trip back Oregon to visit with family for a week in June and my money will be used for that trip from here until I come back home to Texas (and likely a while after). So, there won't be much done to the truck until after I have more $$$ saved up. Until then, we are both driving and enjoying it. Kristen (my wife) is actually liking the truck a lot. She enjoys driving it and says "it's fun" and asks if she can drive every time we take it somewhere together.

We took the truck for a drive this Saturday since the weather was cool and sunny (still no A/C) and she drove it for quite a while. She headed home at one point and I asked her if she was done. She thought I was putting a time limit on her so she didn't want to go too far, but I said keep going and she smiled from ear to ear. It's awesome seeing that she enjoys it almost as much as I do. There's hope yet that she might put in some effort into these vehicles in the future.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote