Thread: T-5 swap time
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #19
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: T-5 swap time

You mean to tell me that the PO did away with the original bellhousing which supports the rear of the engine and the trans, installed a standard bellhousing and did not install a transmission mount under the rear of the transmission? What was holding up the trans and the rear of the engine and keeping everything stable? Just from the look of the picture, if you do back to the original style bellhousing, you will have to move the engine back as well. You will need the correct mounts between the bellhousing and the cro9ssmember and also the rubber cushions up inside the crossmember which the bolts pass thru. Personally, I would cut the bellhousing crossmember out and put a rear trans mount in place. If you need help with the crossmember, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
There was no crossmember under my old three speed. I do have two rear crossmembers but they bolt at the original 1960 mount position and are about 15" from the rear of the Bell. The T5 rear mount is about 17".

Question for you Captain: The 1/2 bell I have has threads on the mounting flanges.If I go that route do I just thread a bolt from the bottom of the crossmember into the bell? Thanks in advance
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote