View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #23
bsccp

Re: 51 GMC 5 window+S10+5.3/4l60E

Here are the secondary stage pictures of the motor mounts.

It's actually a 9" piece of 3/8' x 5". On the drivers side I drilled the three mounting holes in the cross member pattern to allow for two of the three bolts to be accessible from the bottom of the plate. The forward hole will be drilled into the cross member and accessed from the front. The early cross members are asymmetrical from drivers side to passenger side but I decided to make both mount plates the same. Seemed logical.

On the passenger side I flipped it over with two holes on top and the single hole on the bottom. All three of these will be accessible from behind the plate.

Using the 10mm bolts from the Trans Dapt kit with 8.8 shouldered nuts. The front of the plates will be about 1/2" back from the cross member. Should allow for significant surface area for a good bead.

It looks like I will need to radius the top trailing edge to make sure there is enough clearance on the rear upper arm. Both mounts are at the bottom of their travel in the slot.

The engine is about 8 degrees of tilt right now. I will radius the firewall to move the trans up and the position the trans cross member. I have a trans cross member out of a '99 S10 that I will try first. It is very similar to the full sized truck but with the mounting holes for the S10. Since I'm using a 4L60E the mounting pad will be the same and help to center the trans.
Attached Images

bsccp is offline   Reply With Quote