View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 12:33 AM   #5
jarrodblake

Re: C30 first gen cummins swap part what did you use for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
On my truck I flipped the manifold. I also have a HT60 tucked in between the block and the stock HVAC housing. My down pipe took a lot of work since the HT60 outlet is 5" but I got it all in there. In the past, I have cut the stock exhaust manifold flange right off, adjusted the angle and welded it back on at a different angle. I heat the pieces with a torch then I weld them with a mig welder. I have never had one crack or fail and all have been on the road for years.
Last night and when I got up this morning I sprayed some WD40 on the manifold bolts. I got them all out without breaking them! When I test fit the turbo I was thinking how easy it would be to run compound turbos, Maybe be one day. But for now I just want it get it back on the road. It looks like I will have to clearance the manifold to clear the turbo. I had thought about cutting the manifold and moving the flange and inch forward but with the divided manifold it would be more work than what its worth to me.

Now my biggest problem is the wastegate is hitting the heater box. I'm going to try and cut the mount and see if I can slide it over to make it clear the box If not My only two options are to weld the wastegate shut or install the H1C exhaust housing.

IMAG2822 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

IMAG2823 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote