View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Ok lets get er done! So anyway about 3 years ago now I took what i thought would be a harmless ride over to our local Tractor Supply Store on a Sunday afternoon. At that time being the owner of any kind of custom truck was the furthest thing from my mind. However I must admit that its always been something that i wished I had.

So as I was just about ready to leave the parking lot, in rolled this really cool looking truck. Not knowing that it was for sale at the time, I waited for the owner to go into the store so I could walk over and take a closer look. After doing a couple of walk a rounds I noticed on the tail gate in very small letters "for sale". Now me being the idiot that I am my next move was to walk inside and track down the owner and ask how much. Well after hearing the price I went home and pondered it for a few days. After about a week of trying to talk myself out of buying the truck, this is what came home one Thursday afternoon.

Now at the time I thought the only thing I would really do to the truck was take care of a few visible things I had seen that was wrong, and just use the truck as a coffee or breakfast runner on Sundays with the wife for a year or two. Then the plan was to do a semi- resto to clean the truck up enough so I could paint it similar to my work truck (I'm a self employed house painter) take it to the local Friday night cruises and advertise my business.......
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote