View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
Vics63Chevy

Re: Vics63Chevy Build

It sat at the shop for a couple months without anything done to it because of work.

Fast forward to 2 months ago and this is the progress since then.. Mind you I only get to work on it on Fridays and Sundays since they're my only days off..
Figured I would start with the steering first!

Stopped by CPP and picked up a Power Steering adapter kit which included the adapter needed to mount the gearbox to the frame, a new pit arm, intermediate shaft, and a new coupler flange to reuse my original steering column.

Put the back plate in first then drilled the 2 other holes..

Had to shorten the intermediate shaft to the point where it would accept the original round style steering column and got the gearbox on the frame

The bumper bracket wouldn't fit we had to cut a small corner off it

Other side we drilled the holes for the idler arm and got that all bolted up on the frame

Took the rear bumper off, pulled the remaining wood out and started cleaning up the bed a bit..

This side of the bed was a real eyesore to me so I decided to sand it down and do a coat of primer meanwhile.. I didn't do any dent pulling or bondo though just a quick temporary fix..

Primered.. The tailgate is being replaced by the nicer one that is already primered soon..

After that we called it a day.. Here it is parked next to my new 2012 Chevy Cruze

Notice the 62 GMC in the background? It's a long bed with a 350 in it also that is a customers, they're working on rewiring the entire truck.

Last edited by Vics63Chevy; 04-07-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Vics63Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote