View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 08:12 PM   #5
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: custom gauge project using x27.168 stepper motor

Gauge progress with sensor is about 90% ... so I decided to stop and pick back up on the Gen5 canbus that was kicking my butt.. I was trying to get the Arduino nano setup to turn on an LED when its in reverse...
nailed it (finally after many hours)

www.87chevy.com/video/canbus/X5_L83_Reverse_Canbus.mp4

The Nano cannot power the reverse light bulbs on the truck, there would need to be a relay, or transistor that handles the current of the real reverse light bulbs. Similar to my windshield wiper delay module, the Nano controls automotive relays

then tried the ECU tps data.. nailed it again
LED turns on between 50%-94.5% TPS input

http://www.87chevy.com/video/canbus/...ttle_Range.mp4

This was just a test to see if the Nano could take the canbus data and be able to turn on the LED within a given range... it does.. this will be useful for the A/C control for the L83.
I will have it turn the compressor OFF above a:
desired TPS%
desired:High Side A/C Pressure
desired RPM
and when a condition is met, it will wait 5 seconds between activation

Since the canbus data is values, not a sensor that needs to be scaled and adjusted, I think I will try and combine the canbus project and gauge projects to read and make the gauge move. I'm optimistic, but so easy to miss something simple (ish) and then debug for hours.

clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote