View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #530
swamp rat

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
Took a good look at one of the fenders I bought from someone. The original fenders need fender cups at a minimum; it was easier to buy better fenders, and if I remember correctly I think I got them at a decent price. This was back when repairing a fender cup seemed like a daunting task to me (so, like yesterday?).

I think it's looks decent; has it's fair share of rust, but nothing major I think I need to fix before it gets blasted and primed. I am going to have the guy blast it and coat it with an epoxy primer. There might be one little area I have to weld a little. Please let me know if you see any red flags in the pics below.

On Friday I will pull the other fender and see what kind of shape it's in. I am trying to get an idea of what I want blasted and painted, or just blasted. The more stuff I bring at once, the better pricing I will get.

This is where I am thinking it might need to be cleaned up and plug welded at the seam by the curve.

You won’t know on the fender until it’s blasted, if the metal is thin enough to pierce an ice pic through it should be replaced. On the trailing arms ether find a good way to reinforce them or replace them, all you can do is try.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote