View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 01:31 AM   #9
jarrodblake

Re: 1970 C30 Car hauler Buildish thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junksaver View Post
Keep up the work. I like that barn.
Thanks, It's a neat old barn, It needs a bit of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
Nice build. Whats the story with the early 911 next to it in the garage?
Thanks, Its my long term project its a 83 911 that I am converting into a midengine restomod 73 style RSR. Its my plan B midegine 911 project I had a 1970 911E rust bucket that did not work out. My build for it is here. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...rd-find-8.html

That said I have been a bit sidetracked on the truck. I have made a bit of Progress. A few weeks ago my brothers audi Broke down about two hours away and AAA wanted $275 to tow it home so I got to use the truck a bit earlier than expected. So I had to get it ready to make the trip. It has a lot of problems. I started off by I cleaning it inside and out there was a trash bag and a half full of junk under the seat and in the storage compartments. Now that it was all cleaned up I had to getting it running good, well enough to make the trip. Someone had converted it to a 2 barrel carb and did a very poor job at it. The carb and adapter plate only had two bolts holding it in place and all the vacume lines had bolts in them. The pcv system was blocked off on the valve covers so oil had been leaking everywhere. I replaced the belts and changed the oil and topped everything else off. The taillights did not work. I did not know this when I drove it home the first time. I knew the headlights high low did not work as the footswitch plug is melted and only had low beams. But the taillights did not work. It had three different trailer light wiring harness tied together. They were also plugged to another 20 foot magnetic trailer light system that some how had a melted light. So I cut all that out and I also thankfully had a magnetic trailer light system that I bought to use to flat tow one of my jeeps. So cut it down and wired it up, However it took me forever to get it working as the truck has some kind of trailer brake system installed on it that I did not have time to mess with. So I got the lights working I went to air up the tires and 4 of them are 12 years old and who knows how old the rear inners are, they are super dry rotted. That said the truck made the trip without a problem other than there not being any barings left in the transmission and it whining all the way there and back. That said I forgot to get a pic of it loaded up.

[IMG]IMAG0974 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0975 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0977 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is it getting ready to leave.

[IMG]IMAG0978 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now back to the build

[IMG]IMAG0970 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0971 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0980 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0981 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0982 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0983 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0984 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0985 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0986 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0987 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0988 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG0989 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMAG1039 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by jarrodblake; 11-25-2017 at 01:41 AM.
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote