View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
J3rm0ff

Re: 72 Swb starting from the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalthor View Post
Looks like you are off to great start. At least with it being in storage some young kid didn't carve a 6x9 in your doors.

What do you plan on running for back brakes. I notice 4 disks sitting on the shop floor there and no drum brake plate on the diff.

I'm in the process of trying to put together a kit using 10-15 camaro ss brembos. I have the rotors to machine to the right hub bore and bolt pattern but found that srt8 jeep rotors would probably actually be a better route. I got the camaro rotors for next to nothing so not out a whole lot. Right now I'm trying to find someone who will sell me just the hubs for the front out of a big brake kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Good progress ...Rear axles were generally 3.08 - 3.42 - 3.73.....2.73 would most likely have been in a car.....I swapped 2.73 into my 72 Blazer.....whole drivetrain out of a 93 Caprice....Good highway cruiser.
Hmm I wonder if it's not the original axle then. I don't really know about rear ends and gear ratios. I looked up on the internet how to figure it out and did the rotor the tire and count the driveshaft rotations and it was about 2 3/4.
J3rm0ff is offline   Reply With Quote